High quality animal care in the service of high quality animal research.
Animal Care Services (ACS) supports teaching, biological and biomedical research projects in a range of contained housing environments and research facilities for:
- laboratory animals
- large animals
- selected native species.
Wildlife and farm-based research must be discussed with your relevant Head of School in the first instance.
Animal Care Services facilitates the housing and management of animals and provides:
- veterinary advice and support
- quality control over processes and procedures
- specialist technical support
- high containment quarantine, PC2 (physical containment level 2), PC3 facilities for small laboratory animal research
- assistance to ensure all necessary compliance and regulatory issues are properly addressed
- a point of reference and information for multi-faceted research programs.
Our staff are willing to assist and liaise at all stages with the development of research projects.
At UWA, animal welfare is everyone’s responsibility and any concerns must be immediately reported to the Director, Animal Care Services and the Animal Welfare Officer.
Animal Care Services team
No results found