ACS Induction Program
The ACS Induction Program is a facility attendance requirement for all staff and students participating in a UWA Animal Ethics Committee (AEC) research project conducted within Animal Care Services (ACS). The ACS Induction Program is a two-step process which involves the ACS Facility Induction outlined below, followed by a site-specific facility induction.
This induction is required in order to gain access to and work in the facilities. Prior to submission of your application, you need to attend a pre-submission meeting with the facility coordinator or technician in charge of the facility where you plan to conduct your research. During this meeting you will be given the contact person to arrange the ACS Facility Induction required to gain access to the facility and you will be asked to register for the Introduction to ACS Facilities session.
About the ACS Induction Program
The two hour session includes:
- Introduction, Overview and Expectations
- ACS Responsibilities and Safety
- Principles of Laboratory Animal Husbandry and Care
- Animal Care Services Facilities
- Lab animal wellbeing and housing
- [email protected]
- What we can do for you
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and Technical Working Instructions (TWI)
- Vet Care and Quality Control Programs
- Post Approval Monitoring
- Anaesthesia and Analgesia
The ACS Induction Program is offered free of charge to UWA staff and students, including adjunct status.