The Research Grants Office is responsible for administering all research grants, postdoctoral fellowships and travel awards.
These include funding from external agencies, UWA Research Committee schemes and research contracts, tenders and consultancies, legal arrangements and financial reporting, as well as preparation of applications through to completion of the project.
We also administer the research applications database and the PIVOT: research funding databases and alerts.
- assists researchers with finding details of funding schemes
- assists with the preparation of applications, including advice on budget preparation and the presentation of applications
- submits applications to funding agencies
- enters application and outcome details onto the research grants management database and maintains the details
- liaises with the Legal Services office to ensure that contract conditions are acceptable to researchers and UWA and arranges for grants and research contracts to be accepted on behalf of UWA
- liaises with the Office of Industry and Innovation, HR and other UWA administrative services that may need to be consulted about conditions of awards
- arranges for grant accounts to be opened and monitored
- co-ordinates communication between funding agencies, applicants and awardees
- acts on behalf of the funding agencies and UWA researchers to ensure that projects are undertaken in accordance with the grant conditions and University policies
- administers postdoctoral research fellowships awarded by external funding agencies.