The Research Development Team assists researchers develop their capacity to identify funding opportunities, conceptualise their research ideas and write grant applications.
NHMRC Project Grant Workshops: 31 January, 7 and 14 February. See Eventbrite for more details and to RSVP.
NHMRC Early Career Fellowship Workshops: 13, 20 and 24 January
ARC DECRA Workshops: 16, 23, and 30 January
ARC Discovery Project Workshops: 18 and 25 January, 1 February
Contact Liz.Barbour@uwa.edu.au for more information about the above three events, and the Resources page for presentations as they become available.
Previous Workshops and Seminars
- Plan on Page: Develop your own grant plan and strategy BEFORE starting to write.
- NHMRC and ARC Fellowship Seminars
ECF, CDF and other NHMRC Fellowships rules and eligibility are explained with successful UWA Fellows providing tips and advice. ARC DECRAs are explained with successful DECRAs discussing their application. The difference between project grants and fellowships is explained.
- Collaborating with Industry: NHMRC Development Grant Seminar
Grant rules and eligibility are explained with successful UWA researchers providing tips and advice.
- Partnering for Translation: NHMRC Partnership Project Grant Seminar
Includes an overview of funding rules, perspectives from researchers that have sat on grant review panels, and tips for success and partnering for translation into policy and practice.
- ARC/NHMRC Grant Planning and Writing Workshop: This two-day workshop provides the tools to plan a successful grant. Experienced grant writers as well as College and Panel members share their knowledge and insights.