ARC Financial Reporting

A focus on research of an international quality and the fostering of an outstanding research culture have positioned UWA as one of the best universities in Australia and in the top 150 in the world.

In some cases ARC grants require additional financial reporting: requests to carry over funding from one year into the next and 'Statements of Contributions to UWA for Linkage projects

Statement of Contributions to UWA

For Linkage projects and Linkage, Infrastucture, Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) projects the Linkage Partner Organisation(s) must complete and sign the Statement of Contributions to the University of Western Australia.

This Statement of Contributions is needed to comply with the requirements of Linkage Funding Agreements that state:

As part of the End of year Report, the Responsible Officer must certify for each Project what the Partner Organisation Cash and In-Kind Contribution has been in relation to the Project.


Please email or telephone Valerie Mandel on (+61 8) 6488 3931 if you have any questions about what is required for this statement.

Back to top

Carryover of funds


Each funding body, in general, has its own procedures regarding carry over of unexpended funds. Where permissible, a case should be forwarded to the funding body as to why the funds have been uncommitted or unexpended. Please read the conditions of award carefully to ensure compliance with carryover requirements.

In addition, in the final year of a project, carryover may not be permissible in some instances. Again, researchers should ensure they are fully apprised of this in order to avoid the need to return funds to the funding body.

A pro forma is available to request a carryover on ARC awards and should be submitted to the Research Finance Team in December each year.